7 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Military Antenna
- Mast & Accessories
- Military Log Periodic Dipole Antenna
- Military Discone Antenna
- Dual Polarized Log Periodic Antenna
- High Gain TETRA Antenna
- High Gain ATC Antenna
- Military Surveillance Antenna
- Signal Intelligence Antenna
- Electronic Warfare Antenna
- Military Tactical Antenna
- UAV Anti Drone Antenna
- High Gain Helical Antenna
- Quadrifilar Helix Antenna
- Cavity Backed Dual Arm Spiral Antenna
- Fiber Glass Collinear Antenna
- High Power RCIED Jammer Antenna
- FTS Antenna
- ILS Antenna
- High Gain DME Antenna
- High Gain ADS-B Antenna
- Military Manpack Jammer Antenna
- High Gain Log Periodic Antenna
- Wide Band Discone Antenna
- Naval Shipboard Antenna
- High Gain Marine Antenna
- SATCOM Ground Station Antenna
- HF Broadband Military Antenna
- HF Broadband Conical Monopole Antenna
- Grid Parabolic Antenna
- Tactical Radio Relay Antenna
- Military Vehicle Mount Antenna
- Military Coaxial Dipole Antenna
- Military Multi Band Antenna
- High Gain Horn Antenna
- High Gain Stacked Dipole Array
- Wind Profiler Radar Antenna
- Ground To Air Antenna
- GPS Jammer Anti-Jam Antenna
- UHF Military SATCOM Antenna
- Glide Slope Glide Path Antenna
- Military Ground Plane Antenna
- FM Broadcast Antenna
- High Gain Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Dual Stacked Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Quad Stacked Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Circular Polarized Yagi Antenna
- Dual Stacked Circular Yagi Antenna
- Quad Stacked Circular Yagi Antenna
- Side Mount Dipole
- Tech Support
- About Us
09 Dec 2022
Purchasing an antenna involves many things from deciding the design of the antenna to its performance. A Military Antenna is used in many defense platforms like naval, airborne, and land-based platforms. Apart from that, it is also used in various applications like navigation, communication, electronic warfare, and surveillance.
The defense industry is evolving from time to time. Military forces need a powerful communication system for smooth communication. You must do a bit of research before buying a military antenna. Besides, you must also look at some other benefits while choosing a military antenna.
In this blog, we will discuss everything related tothe military antenna, its benefits, and the things to consider while choosing a best military antenna.
Benefits of Using a Military Antenna
Military Antenna is used in the field of the military in many parts of the world. It is used for making communication better and smoother. Let us have a look at the major benefits of using a military antenna in the below section:
- Military narrow band antenna increases the safety of the nation by helping in giving smooth communication.
- This antenna will help to protect the military during dangerous times.
- You can use Military Tactical Antenna in different naval communication to the space programs.
- It helps to fill the communication gap between the different countries during wartime.
- This antenna is made of sturdy materials that do not rust or corrode due to water or sunrays.
- It is easy to attach a Military Discone Antenna in any area.
- This antenna removes hurdles while communicating from one place to another.
- It can be attached to surveillance and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Military antennas are available in various shapes and sizes.
- This antenna removes hurdles and makes communication better even for a long distance.
Major Factors to See While Choosing a Military Antenna
Many factors are important to look at in a Military Log Periodic Antenna. Considering these factors will help you to choose the right antenna. Have a look at some of the most important factors to see in a military antenna:
Power Rating of an Antenna
One of the most important things to see in a military VHF antenna is the power rating. The term power rating is the maximum RF power that you can apply to the antenna without any damage.
Rx antennas receive low RF power so the power rating is relevant to transmit antennas. In these antennas, high powers are applied to see that an observable signal is received by a receiving antenna after traveling a large distance.
Frequency of the Antenna
The next thing to see is the frequency of the antenna. The bandwidth or frequency range of the antenna is the range of frequencies on which the antenna is designed to get an optimal VSWR and beam pattern for the antenna's use case.
You can also choose a narrow-band antenna. This narrow band suits specific applications. It also gives a better-matched VSWR and improves beam pattern and gain.
One of the most important things to look for in a wide-band antenna is polarization. It is the direction of the electrical field vector of the electromagnetic waves. Some of the most common polarizations include vertical polarization, horizontal polarization, left-hand circular polarization, and right-hand circular polarization.
Right polarization will help to match the signals and antennas used in the system to prevent signal loss.
The next thing to look for in a military UHF antenna is the antenna gain. Antenna gain is related to its directivity. The term directivity means the numerical indication of the antenna’s ability to focus energy in a specific direction rather than spreading the energy in a wide-angle range.
Antenna gain is the directivity reduced by the loss introduced in the antenna. The parameter that measures the loss of an antenna is known as radiation efficiency. It has a value between 0 and 1.
The full form of VSWR is the Voltage Standing Wave Ratio. It is an indication of the amount of mismatch between a feed line and an antenna. Values of VSWR range from 1 to infinity. You can pick VSWR with a value under 2 for many antenna applications. Range of frequencies in which the VSWR is less than 2 is picked as the bandwidth of operation.
Omni-Directional or Directional
One of the most important things to look at regarding the military antenna is whether it is directional or omnidirectional. An antenna that receives and radiates energy equally in every horizontal direction is omnidirectional.
An antenna that can focus energy in a specific direction is directional. Omni-directional antennas are perfect for applications that require good all-around coverage. In some applications, the directional antenna is ideal as they need an antenna in a specific direction.
The last factor to consider while choosing a best military antenna is its size. Antenna size is determined by the frequency or wavelength at which they are designed to work. Higher-frequency antennas are smaller than lower-frequency antennas.
There are different kinds of antenna and Its technologies. Some military antennas are high gain helical antenna, log periodic dipole antenna, military jammer antenna, military discone antenna, spiral antenna, and more. And these technologies differ in shape, size and features. Transmit antennas with higher input powers are physically larger than transmit antennas with lower input powers. Moreover, it is important to consider the weight, portability, and dimensions of the antenna as they affect the working style of the antenna and its performance.
These are some of the most important factors to consider while choosing a best military antenna. These factors will help you to choose the right Military Multi-Band Antenna for communication. Military antennas are developed with the help of high-quality materials that do not rust or corrode. They can also be used in every kind of environment.
You can find the best Military Antenna manufacturer from online sites or social media platforms. You can also get a customized antenna from the nearby Military Antenna Supplier. These factors will help you to buy the right antenna according to your requirements and budget.
09 Dec 2022
Latest News & Events
The horn antenna was discovered in the year 1897 by radio researcher Jagdish Chandra Bose after several experiments. It normally operates in microwave frequency and even on super-high frequencies that range between 300 MHz and 30 GHz.
An omnidirectional antenna is a kind of wireless antenna that radiates or intercepts radio-frequency (RF) electromagnetic fields equally in all horizontal directions in flat and 2D geometric planes.
A VHF antenna forms an important component in VHF installation. It helps to improve communication indoors and outdoors. Very High Frequency (VHF) antenna mainly offers a radiator for the power that the transmitter in the radio generates. It radiates the energy in the right direction.
A whip antenna is a type of monopole radio antenna that is widely used in devices such as mobile phones and hand-held radios. One antenna is replaced in the case of Whip Antennas instead of 2 antennae working simultaneously. The length of the whip antenna determines the potential wavelength.
A Coaxial Cable is a kind of electrical cable that contains a copper conductor and stops signal interference and crosstalk. Another name of coaxial cable is coax and its copper conductor is useful in the transmission of signals and the insulator provides insulation to the copper conductor.