- Mast & Accessories
- Military Log Periodic Dipole Antenna
- Military Discone Antenna
- Dual Polarized Log Periodic Antenna
- High Gain TETRA Antenna
- High Gain ATC Antenna
- Military Surveillance Antenna
- Signal Intelligence Antenna
- Electronic Warfare Antenna
- Military Tactical Antenna
- UAV Anti Drone Antenna
- High Gain Helical Antenna
- Quadrifilar Helix Antenna
- Cavity Backed Dual Arm Spiral Antenna
- Fiber Glass Collinear Antenna
- High Power RCIED Jammer Antenna
- FTS Antenna
- ILS Antenna
- High Gain DME Antenna
- High Gain ADS-B Antenna
- Military Manpack Jammer Antenna
- High Gain Log Periodic Antenna
- Wide Band Discone Antenna
- Naval Shipboard Antenna
- High Gain Marine Antenna
- SATCOM Ground Station Antenna
- HF Broadband Military Antenna
- HF Broadband Conical Monopole Antenna
- Grid Parabolic Antenna
- Tactical Radio Relay Antenna
- Military Vehicle Mount Antenna
- Military Coaxial Dipole Antenna
- Military Multi Band Antenna
- High Gain Horn Antenna
- High Gain Stacked Dipole Array
- Wind Profiler Radar Antenna
- Ground To Air Antenna
- GPS Jammer Anti-Jam Antenna
- UHF Military SATCOM Antenna
- Glide Slope Glide Path Antenna
- Military Ground Plane Antenna
- FM Broadcast Antenna
- High Gain Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Dual Stacked Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Quad Stacked Yagi Antenna
- High Gain Circular Polarized Yagi Antenna
- Dual Stacked Circular Yagi Antenna
- Quad Stacked Circular Yagi Antenna
- Side Mount Dipole
- Tech Support
- About Us
22 Jun 2022
The antenna is an important accessory to get a proper broadcast of all your TV channels. It is also an important thing to improve communication while talking on cell phones. Buying an antenna is one of the best options if you want to add all your favorite channels to your TV. It is also beneficial because you do not need to pay monthly charges for local cable services.
Adding a good antenna will give you the comfort of watching all your favorite programs on TV. It is cost-effective and a good option for TV lovers. TV signals are broadcasted on 2 different frequencies. They are UHF and VHF antennas. In this blog, we will discuss a lot about these two kinds of military antennas and the differences between them.
What is UHF Antenna?
The full form of the UHF antenna is an Ultra high-frequency military antenna. It works between radio frequencies of 300 megahertz and 3 gigahertz (GHz). Another name for UHF is the decimeter band. The UHF antenna is used for many purposes such as TV broadcasts, mobile phones, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth.
UFF antennas are smaller than VHF antennas. It is because they have short wavelengths. Quarter-Wave Monopole is one of the most common omnidirectional antennas that work between frequencies of 2.5 and 25 cm.
What is VHF Antenna?
Another type of antenna is the VHF antenna. The full form of VHF is very high frequency. The signals of any VHF antenna work between frequencies of 30 and 300 MHz. This antenna is also used in many applications such as radio, commercial communications, and public safety areas.
VHF antenna is used for radio, TV, and many other devices that you use daily. VHF antenna carries signals farther as compared to UHF antennas. It is a Directional Antenna used for broadcasting and communication purposes.
Key Difference between UHF and VHF Antenna
Both UHF and VHF antennas are used for TV broadcasting and communication. They are Omni-directional side mount dipole antenna that work to improve broadcasting on TV. However, there are several differences between these two antennas such as:
UHF antennas have shorter elements than VHF antennas
VHF antennas have longer elements than UHF antennas
UHF antenna has a higher frequency than VHF antenna
VHF antenna has a lower frequency than UHF antennas
Wavelength of a UHF antenna is shorter than the wavelength of a VHF antenna
VHF antenna gives a longer wavelength than a UHF antenna.
UHF antenna gives more bandwidth than VHF antennas.
VHF antenna does not give bandwidth like a UHF antenna
UHF antennas work on all digital televisions. They also give high-definition picture quality.
VHF antennas do not work properly in modern TVs. They do not give high-definition picture quality on TV.
In addition, these two antennas have many other differences. UHF antenna is simple to install for anyone while VHF antenna is not easy to install on buildings and commercial complexes.
UHF antennas give higher frequencies that work better for digital devices. VHF antennas give lower frequencies than UHF antennas and do not work effectively in digital devices.
You can high-definition shows by installing a UHF antenna. By installing a VHF antenna, you cannot watch all your favorite high-definition TV shows.
Which is better? UHF or VHF
We discussed a lot of differences between UHF and VHF antennas in the above section. Now, let us discuss which antenna is better for daily use.
All TVs are digital today and work on a UHF antenna. It is because the UHF antenna has longer frequencies than the VHF antenna. It also gives better signals than VHF antennas. For long-distance communication, UHF antennas work better than VHF antennas.
If you want to buy a good antenna for indoor use, buy a UHF antenna. It works better than a VHF antenna in residential buildings and even in commercial complexes.
VHF antennas are better than UHF antennas when you have to buy an antenna for outdoor use. They also give a longer range than UHF antennas
UHF antenna works even when there are obstructions near your home such as buildings and trees. Contrary to that, the VHF antenna does not work when there are several obstructions near your home or office.
Benefits of Installing a UHF Antenna
The UHF antenna is an ultra-high frequency antenna. It is one of the best circular polarized yagi antennas used for TV broadcasting and communication. This antenna has several benefits such as:
- The UHF antenna is small in the size. Because of its small size, it is easy to install it on top of your residential buildings and other places.
- It gives a wide bandwidth because of which you can use UHF antennas for indoor areas.
- UHF signals are stronger than VHF signals. Besides, you will also get sharper signals while watching TV programs.
- This antenna gives higher gain and directivity than the VHF antenna.
- UHF antennas are better for urban areas than VHF antennas.
Advantages of Installing a VHF Antenna
VHF antenna is a very-high frequency antenna. You will get numerous benefits after installing a VHF antenna such as:
- VHF wavelength is longer than UHF antenna. So, you will get longer broadcast elements by installing a VHF antenna.
- Installing a VHF antenna is affordable for outdoor use.
- This antenna works perfectly in outdoor areas.
- It can be used for different purposes such as long-range data transmission, marine communications, FM radio, and mobile radio systems.
- VHF antenna works better than UHF antenna in professional applications.
We discussed the key differences between these Omni VHF and UHF high gain dual stacked yagi antennas in this blog. Both UHF and VHF antennas have their benefits. Looking at your needs, you can select one antenna for long-term use.
For outdoor areas, you can pick a VHF antenna. On the other hand, UHF antennas work effectively for indoor areas such as homes, offices, and restaurants.
22 Jun 2022
Latest News & Events
The horn antenna was discovered in the year 1897 by radio researcher Jagdish Chandra Bose after several experiments. It normally operates in microwave frequency and even on super-high frequencies that range between 300 MHz and 30 GHz.
An omnidirectional antenna is a kind of wireless antenna that radiates or intercepts radio-frequency (RF) electromagnetic fields equally in all horizontal directions in flat and 2D geometric planes.
A VHF antenna forms an important component in VHF installation. It helps to improve communication indoors and outdoors. Very High Frequency (VHF) antenna mainly offers a radiator for the power that the transmitter in the radio generates. It radiates the energy in the right direction.
A whip antenna is a type of monopole radio antenna that is widely used in devices such as mobile phones and hand-held radios. One antenna is replaced in the case of Whip Antennas instead of 2 antennae working simultaneously. The length of the whip antenna determines the potential wavelength.
A Coaxial Cable is a kind of electrical cable that contains a copper conductor and stops signal interference and crosstalk. Another name of coaxial cable is coax and its copper conductor is useful in the transmission of signals and the insulator provides insulation to the copper conductor.